Located between the bustling Ringstrasse and Innere Stadt, Burggarten is one of the most famous parks in central Vienna and a stop on many sightseeing tours of the city’s old town. Designed in 1818 as a private Habsburg garden, it was transformed into a public park after the empire's fall. Its English layout incorporates several statues, notably of Mozart, fronted by a musical clef-shaped flower bed. There are also statues honoring Goethe and Emperor Franz Joseph, a small pond, bench-lined walking paths, and expansive lawns where locals relax and picnic on fine days. The park's highlight is the Palm House (Palmenhouse), an elegant 19th-century glass pavilion filled with tropical plants where Vienna’s Butterfly House and a popular cafè are located.